Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Zlarp on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 am

Found a bug:

I just unlocked the puzzles and am now working on the last one of that first batch. That's the one where you get to play with the petrify spell. I was a bit stuck on the puzzle, so I tried the petrify spell on the thing I presume is the boss (the level 3 "The Firstborn" that kills you in one hit)

It got petrified. Then I went on to kill the rest of the monsters. After the last one was dead, I got the congratulatory message that told me to kill the boss and that it couldn't be petrified. There were no monsters left, and I'd petrified the boss, so the level got stuck.
Zlarp

Postby Jax on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 am

Using the menu (either in fullscreen or windowed mode) and pushing the quit button does not quit the game. Sneaky stuff to get people playing until they fall off their chairs, right? ;)
Doing DD on a MacBook Pro 13" 2011 (10.8.5) w/ Firefox 25.0
Jax

Postby TheLogan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 am

[Summary]
when you defeat dungeon boss the ladder still says "Exit the dungeon.There's no shame in running away"

[Labels]
UI

[Priority]
P3 (Not a showstopper, kinda strange.)

[Operating System]
Windows 7

[Browser (version)]
IE

[code branch]
Not sure

[Pre-conditions]
Boss beaten

[Steps to Reproduce]
Beat the boss
Take loot
Read ladder text

[Observed Behavior]
when you defeat dungeon boss the ladder still says "Exit the dungeon.There's no shame in running away"

[Expected Behavior]
A sign using words like "return triumphant" or similar.
TheLogan

Postby TheLogan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am

I just stepped on a necklace causing it to dissapear in the "western jungle" map, it was neither the hp or the mana necklace from what i remember, not sure what it was, but when i stepped on it, it just vanished.
TheLogan

URL encoding of email in change password-mails

Postby yatima2975 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:19 am

When you have a '+' character in your registered email, the link you get sent when you press 'change password' doesn't work: you have to manually replace the '+' character by %2B. It's a minor issue, but it made me fear I couldn't get into the game until I thought of encoding the + myself!
yatima2975

Postby TheLogan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 am

Oh wait, its just converted to money..
I'd suggest turning it into something else than a necklace to give more consistency to the game, having all necklaces but one be inventory items isnt good design im afraid =)
TheLogan

Postby FurryRage on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am

Apparently the desecrate error happen whenever you desecrate a second altar in a dungeon
Tested and so far it crashes every time I desecrate a second one, regardless of the gods
FurryRage

Postby 232 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

When you select "Go Adventuring" you can't click on the cancel button, instead you have to go through and select a dungeon (progressing to the next screen) before you can cancel.
Last edited by 232 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheLogan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 pm

click on your town and that acts as a cancel button
TheLogan

Postby FurryRage on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:49 pm

If you get taurog items, then switch god, and discard one of the items, the new god is angry at you, just like taurog
I don't know if it's intended or not (since it's still a divine item, but it's from another god so the new one isn't supposed to care that much)
Happened with the glowing guardian in my case
FurryRage

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons