Gauntlet and Animated Armours

All things Desktop Dungeons

Gauntlet and Animated Armours

Postby Lagmalix on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Am I missing some cheap trick on how to kill them or this is really intented? Five animated armours with 216 base attack?! I've actually managed to beat them with even more imba vamp but still...
Lagmalix

Re: Gauntlet and Animated Armours

Postby Gorgon on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Animated armours have always been a problem. They're the only reason Gaan-Telet is only beatable with a vamp...
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm

You don't always get that floor. That's how I beat it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Really??? They appeared EVERY SINGLE TIME I played that dungeon, and I never beat it because of that!!! I guess I'm not lucky...
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm

That floor really should be removed form the hard gaan-telet. It's so much more difficult than any of the other floors as to be a game-ender for most situations.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm

They have twice as much hp as Bleaty, with 10 protections.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:14 pm

They might also spawn on the first or second flor which will probably make the dungeon a lot easier. Anyway as I said, I have managed to beat them (had like 114 dmg reduction) but still lost the run due to Bleaty. I didn't really remember that once you kill one, the rest go berserk and after clearing AA I was obviously low on resources.
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:50 pm

They end you game. On the last floor they get 238 damage. If you made the floor 1 of them it would be fair.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

You beat AA's with knockback mace, resist and HALMEH. Dunno if it's still possible, but back when everyone was having crashes I beat them (almost) every single time wit a JJ/Mysteria Pally. I'd have had dozens of completions if it wasn't for the game crashing every time. I'm also pretty sure some sort of PISSORF guy could do them in if mysteria still gives mana without strengtening enemies on other dungeon levels.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Still, 238 damage on the final floor is nigh impossible. If you get them early 10 floors, 9, or 8, that's a different story.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons