[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Kingdom Renovators

Kingdom Renovators

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Kingdom Renovators

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby zebramatt on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Although it would probably be a good idea to let the GG changes simmer down after this shake-up before addressing, it's especially confusing at the moment that the GG introductory subdungeon now teaches you to worship GG in almost precisely the opposite way you should - which admittedly adds an additional element of hilarity but is perhaps a somewhat disjointed new player experience.

I suppose that just goes to show just how big a shake up for the sparkly fellow this last patch was, eh? :D
zebramatt

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

The user interface.

Easy to lose track of stuff like the original topic in a 10 page thread <_<
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 am

So I just discovered a strategy I had never used before in beating Naga City with a Berserker. Now, my primary plan was to convert to Mystera in the arena so that I could use Fireballs to deal with both Bleaty and Tomothy. Except I got both of them in the same wave!

I fireballed Tomothy down, but used up most of my mana potions. I had enough physical resistance to do regen fighting, but not enough to survive Bleaty. I had enough piety to get up to 50 and convert if I spent the rest of my squares casting and desecrated my third altar. But which deity could I use to survive Bleaty?

Then I remembered Stone Skin! I take back everything bad I ever said about Binlor.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:21 am

Stone heart is a great boon anyways, so NEVER bad mouth Binlor.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 am

Make Humility GG's on-worship effect. No more converting in with 50 piety if you want the best general-purpose boon in the game.
q 3

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Uhm, Absolution was what I ment instead of humility back then, but what you say is true. Humility and either Absolution OR Enlightment, not sure if you can do both anymore. Anyway, I've restated the obvious to death allready.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

So I'm thinking about how Mystic Balance could be fixed for CYDSTEPP without being nerfed for any other situation.

My suggestion is to make it only affect glyphs that cost less than 10. This also has a bonus effect of making it actually useful for Wizards (since their CYDSTEPP is 9) and not the absolute best boon for Berserkers (since their WEYWHUT is 10).
gjaustin

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I do hope that Mystic Balance survives with the basic mechanic intact. It is by far the most interesting boon Mystera has had, and the first one to appeal to classes that don't rely primarily on magic.
Last edited by Sidestepper on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidestepper

Postby q 3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I could see something like making the cost of each glyph in your inventory based on the average of all your glyphs - e.g., if you had CYDSTEPP (10), APHEELSIK (7), and HALPMEH (4) then all three glyphs will cost 7 MP (10+7+4 / 3). Makes cheap glyphs more useful to keep around, and is I think overall more balanced than the current boon while still being very useful with some careful planning. (BLUDTOPOWA probably shouldn't be affected or factor into the average, or possibly be treated as having a high MP cost so as to make it less of an overpowered combo.)
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons