[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unlocking Stuff 2

Unlocking Stuff 2

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unlocking Stuff 2

Postby Hammerfan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Now that murdus mentioned a new mosnter class, I find myself proopeled to post this.

I would really like to see a new Class that can apply Mana Burn to enemies (hintWraithhint) as its one of the two status effects that you cannot deal to monsters (the other one being weakning).

As for what it would do, It could make Monsters with magical attack deal phisical damage when aflicted by it, and work like poison when it comes to monsters getting rid of it.
Hammerfan

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:28 pm

That would be a junky effect. Really not worth it. Unless you're a monk. And weakening would be a broken effect at low levels, but rather useless at high levels. Like corrosion and DR. Unless you REALLY stack it.

I'd love some more monster classes, personally. You can add a new Animated Armor class to VHoS and then move vamp to Namtar's Lair. Then you can add a Demonlord (or something along that line) to Demonic Library. Also, can the special edition class be a monster? They're much more interesting than normal classes.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Gorgon

Postby CznRhubarb on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:36 pm

So it would effectively be the Alpha version of the monk without the double regen and the damage penalties?
CznRhubarb

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:38 pm

But only if they're currently mana burned. I suppose it could be good. What if the wrath converted for physical resistance? Then it'd be good. Something like 40 for 1% so it wouldn't get out of hand. And of course they'd start with 25 or so.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Hammerfan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 pm

So the wraith would be something like this:

Gets 1% physical resist per X conversion points.
Spectral:Starts with 25% physical resistance, cant get magic resist.
Burning Touch: Inflicts mana burn on monsters.

I dont know about what its third ability could be, We could just make it imune to poison (since its undead). Making death protection sources have a different effect on it could be interesting as well.

The really interesting part about this class is that (if Mana Burn works like poison) the first hit you take from magical attacks will allways be full damage unless you get first strike (oh look, a certain gliph is way more useful with this class) and fireballing the monster in between hits will cause the foes to not be mana burned anymore. Could lead to some interesting situations.

That being said, Wraiths joining the adventurer roster kinda makes sence. I mean, wraiths are vengeful spirits, why cant some of them be pissed off at the monsters, right?
Hammerfan

Postby harfatum on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 pm

I like that a lot, Hammerfan.

I also think we could do with another class or monster with magic resistance.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm gonna post a topic on monster classes, including your first two, and my third ability for him. Along with two other suggestions.

The Avatar

Postby Kuranes on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

A new question here. I just found the goblins in the southeren jungle in a sub dungeon, but where should I look for the orcs?
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1815

"Orc: Search Western dungeons for sub dungeon with Orc who will have you drink a potion.(Note Western Jungle seems to ALWAYS give taurog sub dungeon until completed, so druid's grove may be ideal if you do not want to unlock taurog)."

Linking this since reference to unlocking stuff 1 might be useful ;)
xspeedballx

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons