[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - effects listing?

effects listing?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: effects listing?

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Indeed; bandits are either a nightmare or helpless against you. Classes like Assassins that have no natural resists and haven't acquired an item or boon to attain them can freely attack bandits and suffer no penalty. Bandits are easy prey for these kinds of characters. However, other classes suffer a massive increase in the amount of damage they will receive by losing their resistances. On some scenarios, this would be comparable to taking 30 hits of corrosion every time a bandit strikes you!
Darvin

Postby dolphan13 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:39 pm

So you are saying if I play a monk with his 50% physical resistance and attack bandits I lose some physical resistance with each hit but it's all behind the scenes? There is not visual notification that my resistance has been lowered?
dolphan13

Postby gjaustin on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes. It's easy to miss the effect, but your resistances are going down every time you attack a bandit. For monks and berserkers, this is utterly devastating so you should treat bandits the same way you do nagas; something you just cannot touch.
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 pm

The tooltips for the resistance icons over your player portrait will change when your resistances go down.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons