[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Mage Plate?

Mage Plate?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Mage Plate?

Postby hallr on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:08 am

I have noticed that the Mage Plate is being mentioned as a useful item for some strategies. The unlock-thread says that it is unlocked by the Noises in the Dark quest, which I have completed. But I can't find it anywhere. I have been playing quite a lot, and it never shows up in an item shop. Is this a bug, or is there some other magical way to make the item appear?
hallr

Re: Mage Plate?

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 pm

I think they removed it... But I'm not 100% sure.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sythion on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh really? I have it in my main account's stock pile.
Sythion

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:39 pm

If it's in your locker, it'll stay till you get rid of it. Now you can't find it in shops.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:55 pm

What a shame. I feel like the devs are really nerfing magic, not only BURNDAYRAZ (which is the only glyph that really needs nerfing), but all glyphs in general.
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Ah man, and I just booted the Mage Plate out >_<

The item was barely locker worthy, but it was interesting. I'm disappointed it got the axe.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Devs nerfing magic? You can have a 5 mp resist reducing fireball that does 6 damage per level. And then with a Crystal Ball and 30 mp you can get 13 fireballs. That's 780 damage without any potions.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Don't forget to account for a mid-battle level-up...

In all seriousness, though, getting that full combo is exceedingly difficult. Crystal Ball, Mystera, Battlemage Ring, Piercing Wand, and a conversion-heavy elf to hit 30 MP? Good luck. The bigger issue is with the reliable apothecary prep for multiple schadenfreudes, you don't really need anything more than a large mana pool...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm

I was giving the most extreme case, and I didn't factor in refreshment. But resist reduce is unnecessary. Just cast spells till you find Mystera, Prep Crystal Ball, and take Mystic Balance, Flames, and Refreshment and you're set for Avatar at least. I haven't tried Namtar, but I assume that would work for him too.

And 30 mp is REALLY conversion heavy, but I was visualizing the character as a Transmuter.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons