[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A few pre-purchase questions

A few pre-purchase questions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A few pre-purchase questions

Postby dislekcia on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Special Edition content is strictly bonus stuff. We're working really hard to make the game complete as it stands. After we're done with the normal version, the SE class as it exists right now doesn't even make sense to save run results because it kinda doesn't play the same way twice... Although that's still just a concept, it's not playable yet ;)

Yes, we will probably reset progress when the full comes out. That's not 100% decided yet, I think it depends on how much progression changes before release and how people feel about a reset. While our save system is super-crazy-smart (thanks!) it does still have issues with quest stubs and rebuilding progress in certain cases. We'd like to remove those edge-cases by killing the extra events that are saved, but aren't actually there anymore in the game...

And yes, we'll give everyone that pre-ordered Steam codes. Confirmed that during this trip at GDC :) And MORE YES to being able to share kingdoms across devices. We've done a lot of work to make that possible!
dislekcia

Postby harfatum on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

I think it'd be great if you could retain one or two beta kingdoms, just with whatever achievements disabled and no official support.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

YES! Device sharing is going to work! And steam codes... Man this is just looking better and better!

Man, now you have me wondering about the special edition class. This is gonna kill me. Also, what are the achievements going to be? Just boring stuff like completing quests, unlocking stuff, expanding your Kingdom, winning the game, and beating Vicious dungeons, or will there be more interesting challenges?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Murdus on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 am

Achievement Get!
Greetings, canine bretheren: Transmute a transmutation scroll.
Murdus

Postby unentschieden on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 am

I also bought the game but since my paypal email and game email are different I lost access to the save. Is there a way to migrate saves?
unentschieden

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Achievements have long been a larger boon for the developer than the user. We all love our dings and sparkles and visual gratification. The developers gain statistics on play style, completion, pain points etc. Raw Data. It is a nifty thing.

It is why so many achievement systems HAVE mundane check point achievements. Or do this very specific thing 100 times. Often those things look like things that you will get on accident. That is intentional, the developers want to see if people are DOING that thing. Most of the time there are other achievements that you look at and go "well I have to play COMPLETELY different" or "I have to use this skill I hate" to get that. Developers can see the data on those statements.

Hmm, I may have just revealed how the sausage is made. Sorry.
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Darvin

Postby Sylex on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 am

Thanks for the replies. One last issue I'm curious about, that I'm pretty sure won't be a problem. Better safe than sorry and ask anyway, though. The email I used for the DD account isn't the same as my steam account, and neither of those are the same as my paypal account. This won't cause any problems will it? or will I need to make a new DD account? Anyway, like I said, I doubt that will be a problem but it can't hurt to ask.
Sylex

Postby Kuranes on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:53 am

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons