[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Choice of Avatars

Choice of Avatars

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Choice of Avatars

Postby The Avatar on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Nice! Now we have three gods on the forum...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Murdus on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Awww, I wanted to be a god! Now its not original anymore. -Pouts-

... Dwarves are more underground anyway. -Hipster glasses, then groans at unintentional pun-
Murdus

Postby Kuranes on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 am

Kill, maim, burn! Kill, maim, burn! Kill, maim, burn!
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 am

I'm so glad Darvin translates his posts otherwise it would be ~£{?<=\!,]=!##]¥.!}%\•}*~^,!{¥+[¥,+^]^|!\>,%_#]+<'.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Kuranes on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:24 pm

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Darvin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 pm

EM is chaotic good? How so? Never really thought of her as chaotic, but otherwise, you raise an interesting point.

The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I don't think EM is a chaotic god either... The only chaotic thing she does is spawn random plants.

But the other gods fit perfectly to their alignments ;)
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Gorgon's a naga? Well that's surprising!

I guess she could be kind of chaotic; Nature isn't exactly a tame force.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 pm

I can't agree on Mystera, Earthmother, or Taurog. To a lesser extent I disagree with Pactmaker and Tikki Tooki as well.

Mystera is far too focused on being "fair" (e.g. Weakening) to not be Lawful. And since she doesn't really seem to care about helping her followers, that makes her solidly Lawful Neutral.

Earthmother only cares about her plants. She doesn't care that they're in your way and she doesn't care if you murder everything else in your way. She fits pretty closely into the "Druid" archetype from D&D and they have to be Neutral in either Law/Chaos or Good/Evil. I'd put her True Neutral myself.

Taurog doesn't strike me a particularly Chaotic. Yes, he wants you to kill things for him. But that's fairly standard Neutral Evil territory. I'd even prefer Lawful Evil, since he does have that magic hating thing going on.

Pactmaker strikes me as being Neutral Good. He's the only one who doesn't make you jump through hoops. He's just happy that you're happy.

As for Tikki-Tooki, I see the argument for Neutral Evil. But he enjoys your random slaughter of level 1 enemies a bit too much. And considering you can bribe him for piety, he doesn't seem to have any real standards.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons