Ick Swamp "Way of the open fist"

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ick Swamp "Way of the open fist"

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 pm

VHoS were the hardes dungeon to beat at ne point or another. Around the time they nerfed the Naga City boss stats and made it easier, they made VHoS really, really hard. The monster combination and the 50 DP indomiteblee and the 1400 HP chockula took more resources than anything that a "flavour of the week superbuffed" class could take down. I preffered the "always crash" Gaan'Telet to VHoS, and haven't been there since...

How do you beat them with the 3 classes?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Both bosses do magical damage now, so berserker is an easy one. (Any god works, even Taurog!)

For the priest you get an alchemist scroll (+10 hp when you drink a potion, once per level!). Prep a strength and a reflex. Use strength at level 1, two of the shops for burn salves (Levels 2 and 3), Use your mana potions next (Levels 4, 5, 6, and 7), Use reflexive at level 8 when you're fighting the Indomitable, Whupaz at level 9, and your hp potions should activate it at level 10 anyways. This start can beat every vicious dungeon (Haven't tried it on Gaan-Telet).

For sorcerer, although I never did this one, level up normally, fight Indomitable when you're ready, but make sure you have extra tiles. Hit him as much as possible (3 protections per hit with a bear mace!), fireball him to take out 1 protection, kill a level 1 monster so the burning takes out another protection, and use your second fireball. That's 7 protections. Repeat this process 7 times, leaving him with 1 left, and finish him using any means left to you.

As an extra note, Binlor is the best god for this dungeon, as he kills the illusion's and wraith's resistances, and gives you a lot of magic res.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

I haven't tried VHoS since BLUDPOWA was nerfed, so I'm not sure if it needs a nerf now.

At least with old BLUDPOWA every class could beat it.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

That's very true. Just use Amulet of Yendor, and immediately fireball Indomitable to death. All other resources are used for Blah Blah.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons