A Desktop Dungeons Mockup

All things Desktop Dungeons

A Desktop Dungeons Mockup

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello again.
As pictures often say more than just words, I'd like to show images as suggestions you could implement; aka mockups.

(Rightclick on image > [i]View image, while holding Control (Windows), Command (Mac) or the Control key (Linux) or "Open in new tab" to show fully.)[/i]

This mockup shows the character class selection of DD, shown in a nice grid with bigger class images.
Class images taken from the QCFDesign site, a few pages of blogs back. I wanted to take race images, but yeah...
There are also 2 other images, from the other roguelike Dungeon of Dredmor, which shows a quick re-selection of your previous build with the information of the cost; which is the total cost of the items you wore the previous dungeon run.
This may come in handy if you had a perfect setup for your previous run, yet made a fatal human error and lost because of it.
Random puts your faith in Tikki Tooki's hands and let him decide about your following setup. (Though that's just flavor text, no bonus piety and/or worshipping Tikki Tooki from the start of the dungeon included.)

As most times with my mockups, I uploaded the PSD file (PhotoShop Document) at DeviantART, and here's the direct link for easy edits.

The image itself took near no time to create. Typing this post takes longer to do, just saying...

Please post your own imagery here, if you like.
zeemeerman2

Re: A Desktop Dungeons Mockup

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 pm

The 2 "new" settings should be able to be chosen in the first menu; the race selection. But there weren't any high-resolution class-less races images available, so therefore I chose the class images instead.
zeemeerman2

Re: A Desktop Dungeons Mockup

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 am

That's sort of similar to what we're planning for the Kingdom itself. Overlay menus of races and classes, theoretically they'll be grounded in the building they're "from" but maybe a grid layout will be an option (checkbox or something, we'll see). Using portraits for selection looks good, doesn't it? There's a reason the buildings are spread out like they are in the image behind the current horrible buttons ;)

I like the mockup tho. The two earlier options are definitely going to make an appearance, random has always been a big want for me personally.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons