[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Back from GDC!

Back from GDC!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Back from GDC!

Postby dislekcia on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 am

Hi everyone

We're officially back from GDC and as of today, working our asses off on Desktop Dungeons again. It's been a great trip, filled with all sorts of awesomeness - like Nandrew and Aeq being the official faces of victory for the IGF banners this year (we even managed to take one home with us).

One thing that I definitely want to point out is that our sit-down with folks from Steam went very, very well indeed. Basically everything we wanted to do, they said "Oh, that's easy!" and proceeded to show us exactly how. So if any of you were still wondering, Desktop Dungeons is confirmed for Steam and we'll be giving every pre-order a Steam code as soon as we launch (or as close to then as possible, seeing as I have to send them out manually) :)

I'll start going through the posts that have built up in our absence, wish me luck!
dislekcia

Re: Back from GDC!

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 am

That certainly went very well for you, great to hear that. :)

Is steam going to be a necessity or an option?
I don't have steam on my pc and I don't really want to install it either.
Fran

Postby Ara on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 am

Ara

Postby gjaustin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:06 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 pm

I agree on the iOS. You get the free port, but you still need to have an account.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Err... why? Anyways, there's no way they'll force you to go on steam, or even get a code.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Had to cancel the last three games I pre-ordered (or intended to pre-order) because they elected to be Steam exclusive.

Reason I don't patronize Valve or use Steam is because their DRM policies are outright draconian.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Well, there will always be the web version, and they've announced they'll do iOS, so I'm pretty sure it won't be steam exclusive.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Last edited by Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons