[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sometimes, I feel like an idiot playing this game.

Sometimes, I feel like an idiot playing this game.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sometimes, I feel like an idiot playing this game.

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:27 am

Complete solution from the part the tutorial stops:

After switching places with the zombie, convert the Weytwut glyph.

Since you're a human, this should increase your attack power. Attack the goat directly to your left to kill it in one hit.

For the other goat, knock it into the walls to its lower left two times to kill it.

Knock the right goblin 4 times to the east to kill it.

Knock the left goblin once and then attack it to kill it (there isn't any more walls on the left to kill the goblin purely through knockback)

Kill the level 2 goblin through physicals, escape dungeon.
TigerKnee

Postby cyrax on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks for the explanation, TigerKnee. It never dawned on me to just kill the goat at the top left, not to push and then kill like I was. I also didn't even think a diagonal push was possible. It's a good thing to know!
cyrax

Postby Dungeon_Cat on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Complete solution from the part the tutorial stops:

After switching places with the zombie, convert the Weytwut glyph.

Since you're a human, this should increase your attack power. Attack the goat directly to your left to kill it in one hit.

For the other goat, knock it into the walls to its lower left two times to kill it.

Knock the right goblin 4 times to the east to kill it.

Knock the left goblin once and then attack it to kill it (there isn't any more walls on the left to kill the goblin purely through knockback)

Kill the level 2 goblin through physicals, escape dungeon.

Having been stuck on this "tutorial" level for a while now, I came here to find a solution.

Turns out the solution is either out of date or bugged: whenever I start the mission, I'm a gnome not a human. Which means the above solution doesn't work. And yes, I've tried it multiple times in multiple ways.

You get x5 potions as a gnome, and each hit takes -3 HP (from a base of 7, given the initial goat hit). Killing the blocking goat reduces this to 4, e.g. 2 hits until death.

Each potion gives +4 MP (from a base of 0) meaning that you get 20 / 3 = 6 uses of the spell provided. The non-blocking goat takes 2 uses to kill shoving it to the SW. The East level 1 goblin takes 4 uses or 1 uses + 1 hit [for 1 HP]. That leaves you *either* with 2 Uses then stuck on the West level 1 goblin *OR* 1 uses + 1 hits if you use x4 spells on the East goblin.

I've attempted EVERY SINGLE DAMN COMBINATION with this puzzle [e.g. West goblin, then East, then Goat, or East, then West then Goat] and so on, and it's currently impossible.

Sooooo frustrated with these "STARTER" puzzles. How's about dialing it down for the non-professional-casual-want-to-actually-learn-the-game players, eh?

$£$%^ ridiculous.
Dungeon_Cat

Postby Joist on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

The key here is noticing that the goblins have 6 health and the goats have 4. 2 pisorfs will kill a goat but won't kill a goblin. So for the goblins use 1 pisorf + 1 melee attack and for the goats use 2 pisorfs.

I didn't complete this one until I was able to figure out Normal dungeons, the learning curve is pretty steep for the puzzles.
Joist

Postby madjoseph on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 am

This doesn't seem to work. I can kill the first goat, the two goblins but the second goat requires 3 pisorfs, one to manuever it to the wall.

Since it's changed from human to gnome is this still possible to solve?
madjoseph

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:08 am

gjaustin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons