Economy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Economy

Postby Picotrain on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 am

It may be that I am just not far enough in the game, but it the economy in this game basically pointless. I have just finished the first hard dungeon and I have 4000 GP. The number seems pretty steady, and I have nothing left to buy since most of my buildings are level 3. Can they be further upgraded? If so, how? It certainly feels like I have piles of money and nothing to do woth it.
Picotrain

Re: Economy

Postby Lagmalix on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 am

1. There is a huge difference between the hard dungeons and the vicious ones, so if you are not knowledgeable enough you will lose a lot of gold trying to do one of those.

2. Some quests used to be much harder and very unbalanced (Complicated Tasks pt 6 anyone?) to the point they were a huge gold sink. Even with a perfect knowledge of a proper strategy it required ~10 runs to make it.

This is still beta, so I'm sure the devs will make some tweaks once they are done with more important stuff.
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Also, your economy will crash, and preparations will be hard to afford. You'll see...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Some people never have serious troubles with the economy, others never seem to be able to build up any large cash buffer. Of couse, it's all about cash flow. If your cash flow averages significantly positive, you'll just start building up a treasury and never look back. It doesn't take a huge difference in player skill/experience to do this.
Darvin

Return to Desktop Dungeons