[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Anyone else think the beta is too hard?

Anyone else think the beta is too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Anyone else think the beta is too hard?

Postby 232 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm

I've found the Taurog + Rogue combo to be devastating for the majority of situations so far. The Rogue's damage multiplier being stacked with the boons Taurog gives you results in great amounts of damage while the low health is pretty much negated by the multiple death protections and first strike.

Postby Herborist on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Herborist

Postby AdmiralDan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Talking about DD being too hard: Wtf ist wrong with The Indomitable? :shock:
AdmiralDan

Postby neongrey on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

neongrey

Postby Herborist on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Most of the Gods need to be tweaked.

On the one hand you have taurog and glowing guardian, who are either broken (for the time being) or too easy. Getting piety with Taurog is entirely too easy, especially if you find it early enough, and each of the armor pieces gives us a really nice bonus.

Then you have bosses like tikki tooki and mystera anur. MA's boons are too weak for the negatives and tikki tooki should be more reliable while still having an air of randomness to it.

Also, before I forget: I think it's kind of harsh for the guardian to take all of your items for the first time I used a potion.
Herborist

Postby metroid composite on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

metroid composite

Postby LonZealot on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Some dungeons could be a bit easier, but there should still be some challenge involved, unlike the Glowing Guardian exploit :D. Currently I am having problems with the Ick Swamp and Rock Garden.
LonZealot

Postby Xanopticon on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Xanopticon

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 am

I thought the eastern tundra was the easiest. I mean, it's full of undead and it requires that you play a priest, while not having any real gimmicks and unlocks the broken Glowing Guardian.
TigerKnee

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 am

I'm currently stuck on the rock garden, creeplight ruins, and havendale bridge. Sometimes I come close to winning havendale bridge, and then peter out on the boss. It feels like the dungeons are too hard for no reason. It's nothing about the dungeons or their design/gimmick, there just aren't enough monsters in the 6 ~ 9 bracket, which forces me to always fight the boss at 8 or 9. If I go a mage class, I don't have enough HP to withstand even one hit and I can almost never finish them off with just mana potions and fireball. If I go a melee class, I'm immediately gimped by all of the monsters with physical resistances.

I want things to be challenging, not frustrating.

As for the Gods: I don't use GG because he will steal all of my items if I use a potion, I don't use TT because the boons are just bad, and I rarely use MA because she only has three worthwhile boons, and the last one is hard to finagle. Each dungeon run turns into, "Is taurog here? No? Am I mage? No? Then I don't use a God; if I am a mage, I consider using MA at the very end." MA, TT, and GG are too punishing and not rewarding enough.

Taurog is what all of the Gods should be modeled around. If you're a melee class, he's great. He's not broken, he won't every scenario, but he's still strong and very viable. All of the other Gods are too punishing; using the other Gods isn't fun at all.
Herborist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons