[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A Few Things that Need Attention

A Few Things that Need Attention

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A Few Things that Need Attention

Postby The Avatar on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 pm

If it doesn't toggle or cost mana, it isn't a glyph.

I like the cast spells from hp version. Currently, you can get almost 300 hp, but that's due for a nerf. The alchemist scroll will probably be nerfed to 8 per level.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm

It'd basically have all the same balance problems as the current BLUDTUPOWA, except it'd be more powerful since you could use your HP as extra capacity for your mana overshoot.

As I said earlier, if we're going to keep the concept of converting HP into MP, I see no reason to change from the current paradigm of swapping the regeneration.
Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:38 am

Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 am

Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08 am

If the issue with Binlor and MA is that you can piety farm more easily then there should be an issue with JJ too. Spamming WEYTWAT on a single mob gets you about 3 piety on average for 8 mana, not far behind MA at all (4 for 8).
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Using WEYTWUT may give you piety with JJ, and this is only one of many ways he generates piety. The relative impact is much smaller.
Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Bloggorus

Postby Incompetent on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 pm

One problem I have with Taurog is that his champions turn into big babies when faced with resistance-lowering mobs. We are supposed to believe that in a single strike, a mere bandit can render useless two divinely-created artifacts (actually worse than useless, because Taurog still gets pissed if you convert them!). It would make sense for each of Taurog's regalia to give an immunity that protects the buff it gives (so helm => immune to magic resist reduction, shield => immune to corrosion, etc). The price of permanently losing an inventory slot is steep enough to justify this, I think.

Binlor could also do with a boon that gives immunity to resistance-lowering, seeing as resists are such a big theme for him. Make it so the player loses their immunity if they dump Binlor (or Binlor punishes them), and I think it would be OK balance-wise.

I don't really get the Bloodmage thematically at the moment - he's a whole mess of different ideas it seems and the list keeps changing. To me, the name 'Bloodmage' makes me think of trait of using HP instead of mana to cast spells - at any rate, I think drinking blood splats ought to charge up his spellcasting somehow, because he is a master of 'blood magic'. Conversely, with 'vampire' I think of something that drinks blood to stay alive, not to charge up its fireballs.
Incompetent

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons