[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Exclusive Subletting

Exclusive Subletting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Exclusive Subletting

Postby GoatBot on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm

GoatBot

Re: Exclusive Subletting

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Wow, great changes!

The XP formula change scares me a little bit though.
gjaustin

Postby Abraxas on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm

That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby unentschieden on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:13 pm

To be fair the puzzles are the last factor that should prevent a mechanics change. I wouldn´t be opposed to a change to the current paradigm never to kill an enemy of equal level. Highers give bonus XP and lowers take less resources to take out. Paradoxically equal level monsters grant the least resource/reward.
unentschieden

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Love the Crytall Ball fixing attempt - inventive and ties up with a new resource, very very pleasing :)

Also love the idea of working on the XP formula - monsters as a concept really needed more love :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Problem I have with the new crystal ball is that the item is totally disqualified in purist runs, but so long as you don't spam it like crazy (once every two levels and you're gold) you're fine if you bring a 50 gold prep. Remember that multi-boss scenarios drop a 50 gold cash infusion, so there's plenty to keep a crystal ball fueled in the actual boss fight, you just gotta ration up until that point.

Dracul's sanguine effect is now of highly limited value, and its primary effect is increasing your piety gain with Dracul. You'll actually get far more healing by converting the piety you earn into blood swells than you will from actually using sanguine.

Not happy with the Bloodmage change. He needs to be made less dependent on sanguine. He's not even a caster class...

It'll be interesting to see what the new XP curve looks like. Someone post the new formula once they've figure it out (I can't play right now)
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Does WONNAFYT still latch onto slowed monsters? If not, can we puhleeeeeze get any reasoning behind it?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 pm

gjaustin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons