[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bloody Sigil

Bloody Sigil

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bloody Sigil

Postby Kuranes on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Well this is a pretty straight forward question, do you ever use it? I have admittidly not used it a single time -20% damage seems like alot to trade in for only 10 hit points.

Although it must be better early game, for instance at level one where you base attack is 5 and hit points is 10. But I rarely prepare it since there are other more important (in my eyes) choices for the space. And I NEVER use it lategame.
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Re: Bloody Sigil

Postby Fran on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Most people convert it as it has an excellent CP/gold ratio; besides from its effect being situational, conversion almost always pays off so it's a pretty good item.
I guess it almost never gets prepared by veterans as you could always prepare the sensation stone for more CP; if you wanted to go for higher hp, there is always the alchemist scroll you could prep with no downside to attack.
Nethertheless, it is one of the more universal shop items in the sense that you can always convert it and benefit from it if it spawns on the map, regardless of class and strategy.
Fran

Postby Kuranes on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:38 pm

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm

It's a decent item for low-level characters, particularly for humans and rogues. Once you've gained a few levels, though, you convert it. It offers a decent amount of conversion points, so it's not a bad deal at all, particularly for JJ or GG worshippers who get piety out of converting stuff.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:54 am

I've bought it in a pinch to survive a Bleaty hit when I just couldn't get Stoneskin high enough...
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons