[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Exclusive Subletting

Exclusive Subletting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Exclusive Subletting

Postby Halion on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am

I think the vegetarian chef was in the south. You can repeatedly make things for multiple bonuses until you run out of plants.

The plant selection is random, and influences choices. In the selection shown, the health and magic recipes are impossible as your first choice, since they begin with plants that are not yet accesible. You could make something else first and then make them, though.
Halion

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 am

Yep, in the south. Once in Slime Pits and twice in Ick Swamp.

As Halion said, plant choice is random. Usually you can't make anything useful with the first one so I tend to clear diagonally to have access to the remaining plants.

Mana, or the +5% bump if your a fighter, imo.

edit: Oh there was another one I hadn't seen before too. I paid the 5 gold and a level 7 rogue got summoned (which sucked as I was pumping resists on my pally) so I think it acts like the monster whistle except it creates the mob. Found this in the Slime Pits too.

Joist

Postby Halion on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 pm

This provided a number of different monsters from the default set for me, I could repeatedly spend the 5 gold. They were always level 1, which was my level at the time. (Presumably they are always equal).

I found a number of others while wandering around with a tinker, some of which I'd not seen before, but I'd heard of, others I'm pretty sure are new.
They include (but are not limited to):

An arena where you can fight a no-xp level-less enemy, but cannot retreat from. The first victory awards 5 gold, the second 10 gold and the third and final 15 gold. They had increasingly difficult stats, but I suspect they were an "easy/normal/hard" based on my level. (They looked like bandits but weren't)

A golem in the north that will trade you itwems if you give him glyphs. He didn't want fireball or teleport, but sidestep gave two small one use death protection medals, healing gaving a bunch of health potions, WONAFYT gave three monster whistles (which was the limit of my bag space) and ENDISWAL gave a suit of armour providing 20% physical resist.

A monk in a large explored room who offered enlightenment for 25 gold. Enlightenment was the opportunity to "contemplate the waters": a LEMISI glyph and access to a very large amount of initially covered water spaces.

A dungeon full of Soko trolls that gives access to loot when solved.

I also always find a huge empty room under the Eastern Tundra. There's nothing in it except 4 pillars. It is dull, but offers a great deal of exploration. (The fact I always get this makes me wonder if I have an unlock to do, but I have all the gods).
Halion

Postby gjaustin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Is that 20% physical resist armor lockerable? It could be a great alternative to Dragon Shield if you don't have it or don't need magic resist for some reason...
gjaustin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:15 pm

@Halion: That's awesome, didn't think of using tinker to spot them.

There's another dungeon I found, not sure if new. It contained a level 1 zombie, a monster whistle and a zombie dog. The zombie dog is a single use, small slot item which gives your next attack +30% damage and gives whatever you attack the "undead" attribute. Found repeatedly in the eastern snowy levels (berserkers etc).

edit

@gjaustin: Not lockerable, just found it.

CYDSTEP gave these.
ENDISWAL gave this.
LEMISEE gives one of each seal scroll.

I found that big empty room too. It's completely dark and massive.

Last edited by Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joist

Postby Halion on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm glad the zombie dog found a place to be in the game. It was not an exciting shop item.
Halion

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Joist

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I found one with goats. There was a sign that said whoever donated's name and some message about them being the goat god or something. After doing it, it surrounded you with 8 goats of levels 1-8. They had manaburn, first strike, and gave no experience, but killing them awarded piety. Any future goat kills also earned piety through a buff the sign gave you. No extra bonus for killing them all.

As for that dark massive room with 4 pillars, I've seen that before, but when I had it, there were monsters I had to slay, or a person I had to talk to.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm

@Crawly: The goats dungeon isn't new. 2 piety per goat, right?

Here's a pic of the soko-trolls dungeon. The trolls have names that need to spell "The" "New" "World" to open the bridge.

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Sweet! Any new ones in the west? I heard the south, north and east, but not west.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 4 pillar one is Dracul's unlock. I guess it still spawns, without the doppleganger, once you unlock Dracul. That's nice, but it's probably a bug.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons