[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Kevin

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 pm

The Naga Tail and the Nose Ring are the two nastiest trophies to acquire, with the De-Animated Helm not too far behind. I'm thinking their respective levels should go back to being 1-boss scenarios and rebalanced accordingly.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Maybe for a big enough chunk of gold you could buy rare trophies on the black market?

Or in multi boss dungeons, have the designated 'official' boss be the one who drops a trophy regardless of whom you kill first.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 pm

But the stair still wouldn't spawn till you killed both. Naga tails aren't particularly hard, since you have to kill him second anyways.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

That's less in reference to the order in which you normally kill the bosses, and more towards the difficulty of the level in general. In its current incarnation, Ick Swamp is the most difficult non-vicious level by a significant margin. If you can beat that mission, then you won't have serious issues with hard-mode Gaan-Telet.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I still have some double with Ick. Although it only takes a few tries with a Crusader. Speaking of a crusader, did they fix the strength potion bug?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Yup, the hotfix put all the potions back to normal.

I really like the idea that the designated boss always drops a trophy. I think most everyone agrees Ick needs a nerfing regardless of any trophy issues.

I think the Lab. would be ok as is (with Rex dropping a trophy always) and Hard Halls would be a lot better by simply nerfing AAs.
Kevin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Ah! I always forget Vamps are magical now. Crusader is also great because you can mow down corrosion plants, clearing out a lot of space.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons