[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk(y) Island

Monk(y) Island

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk(y) Island

Postby Abraxas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 pm

That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I noticed that in the design of many of the challenges, but not with the regular dungeons.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Bronze Bloodmage being kind of an exception here;
I lost the first time I tried because I couldn't find any beatable monsters at first and wasted alot of tiles.
When I found them however, they were mostly clustered. It's kind of a double-edged sword.
Fran

Postby Abraxas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 pm

I don't think it's limited to just the challenge dungeons. This is the den of danger, and weird monster alignment aside, situations like this seem to be fairly common now.

Also noteworthy, WONAFYT seems to be spawning near the start of dungeons very commonly, and I actually find myself using it from time to time.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Oookay... kinda going overboard there.

This particularly situation might just cause scumming, though. If I'm playing a class like Warlord or Assassin which desperately needs to preserve their popcorn, I'd be inclined to restart if I find myself penned in by level 1 monsters.
Darvin

Postby Abraxas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Well, that one was a particularly extreme example, but nonetheless it still feels like you'll usually have to kill or WEYTWUT/PISORF/WOAFYT/ENDISWAL your way around a few low level monsters on most dungeons. Or at least the earlier dungeons, which are the ones I'm playing since I created a new profile for this.
Abraxas

Postby gjaustin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 am

I get two exclusive editions in that case, and I didn't even buy one! Woo hoo obscene amount of posts! ;)

Has anyone noticed AA's attack deteriorates the more protections you take out? I'm about to go crush the 50 protection indomitable.

Also, I assume they're going to make actual silver/gold monk/bloodmage challenges that fit in with their respective new story lines?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:51 am

I haven't played or posted in weeks and I'm still surprisingly high. The Avatar is pretty nuts though.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:07 am

Yeah,

you can ussually notice that when you turn the forums on most stuff has Avatar as the last poster :)

And if there was a 600 post limit I'm still far off, and I actually avoid posting most of the time.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons