[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Last puzzle of the starter pack?

Last puzzle of the starter pack?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Last puzzle of the starter pack?

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Argh! I found the Wicked Guitar on Assassin Bronze, and I was 6 XP from getting both "Hoarder" and "Ding! Max" on the same run...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Especially without DEITIES. It really gets to me. I always know I could crush higher level gorgons in the fighter challenge if I was of Taurog, for example.

I think the silver challenge should add a normal glyph layout, and then last of all the gold adds gods.

It would work like this
Bronze: Teaches you to combo character traits with specific glyphs.
Silver: Teaches you to combine character traits with all glyphs
Gold: Teaches you to utilize gods to boost and combo off character traits, in addition to glyphs.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Strange, I somehow had less trouble with the fighters challenge compared to the berzerker challenge..
Fran

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 am

The Fighter challenge is luck-based in that there are very few higher-level monsters so you might get lucky and find them early or expand almost all your tiles looking for them. The Berserker Challenge is nasty because you only get the BURNDAYRAZ glyph, depriving you of important conversion points (making the normal Orc/Zerker combo non-functional) and also preventing you from using some of the better utility glyphs that combo well with the berserker. Combined with the recent berserker nerfs, we're all playing a character that's considerably weaker than we normally expect from this class, and I suspect it's this that's throwing us off.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 am

Err... Really? I crushed that challenge. You can constantly regen fight/1 shot higher level goats, and you can also nab wizards easily. A mid fight level up should be enough to get feeling parched.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:36 am

As I said, I suspect the issue is that people are being thrown off by playing a berserker who is much weaker than they're used to. It's definitely not a very difficult scenario, just nasty because there are a few curve-balls here that throw off a veteran's intuition.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons