[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The later/end areas... (spoilers)

The later/end areas... (spoilers)

All things Desktop Dungeons

The later/end areas... (spoilers)

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 pm

So discussion on the end-areas of the game. At least I think they're the end areas...

They're starting to become really tough... it's kind of annoying to be walled here like this. The progression has stopped and it's frustrating.

The mines were easy for me, but I have a feeling that if you don't get lucky with your bombs it may very well be hard.

The druid boss with the joke name referencing Asterix is... surprisingly easy once I changed from Sorcerer to Berserker.

I'm walled on Indomitable, though I do know the strategy for it. I just need the luck to pull it off, I guess, since it's a dungeon that is very easy to be screwed by certain monster types depending on your class.

The Avatar mission is pretty nuts. You have to kill 4 bosses, I believe 3 of which has abilities to weaken you somehow, then you got to kill a boss with high resists who goes berserk at 50%. That's pretty nuts.
TigerKnee

Re: The later/end areas... (spoilers)

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:42 pm

There's a lot more content coming, this is only really one of the four areas right now. Plus we're starting out at crazy and lowering the difficulty as we discover how people play the game with all the new bells and whistles.

Basically, thanks for putting up with the hardness right now and it will get less evil. Maybe.
dislekcia

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Herborist

Postby LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:36 pm

LonZealot

Postby Xanopticon on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 pm

I wish I could get as far as you guys but for me some of these bosses seem impossible - I just don't know how you're ment to take out some of them with their insanely high hp (although if you can do it, I can to). 4 bosses on one level? Wow. "We're starting at crazy" You aren't wrong there!
Xanopticon

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 pm

4? I was sure I wrote in 5.
Nandrew

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I'd like to reiterate once again how needlessly hard creeplight, rock garden, and the bridge troll map are. I've been trying them over and over and I still can't beat them.

I'm forced to farming the generic dungeon to get gold to upgrade to the third tier of heroes and hope they can somehow do it.
Herborist

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 pm

PeaceChaser

Postby LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 pm

@PeaceChaser: Beat Rock Garden and there are 5 bosses actually.
LonZealot

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm

But I beat rock garden... What is the name of the location? Thanks for the quick reply!
PeaceChaser

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons