[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Animated Armors

Animated Armors

All things Desktop Dungeons

Animated Armors

Postby Nurator on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:04 pm

As everyone is complaining about how hard AAs are, I thought: "Lets open a thread and discuss good tactics to overcome them"!

And here it is. Here are my ideas:

1. The attack value may be high but it does not stay there! Every death protection removed reduces 10%(i think, too lazy to do the math) of the attack value, so try to attack with fireballs, until you can survive a hit.

2. Exploit Burn! The enemy stays at 1 hp, so attack with a fireball and then attack popcorn to reduce 2 death protections with one fireball!

3. The same works with using fireball and then attacking with a normal attack to kill it (also reduces 2 death protections)

does anyone have other suggestions?
Nurator

Re: Animated Armors

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Actually the "decaying" attack is new, and I'm glad someone other than me has noticed it. It looks like it reduces its attack by its level, but it doesn't quite work that way for the Indomitable. I haven't tried it for 238 damage Gaan-Telet AA's so I can't be sure.

Most of these strategies are already know by vets, but this list will be very helpful for newer players. Also, I'm pretty sure their HP took a SERIOUS hit after this update, because you used to not be able to fireball them to death.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Kevin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Knockback to take off 2 DPs at once. Prep bear mace from the blacksmith and when the AA's hps are low enough, hit it into another monster or wall. Works in conjunction with WEYTWUT to position them near walls or other enemies.

The Avatar, I can confirm damage reduction by level occurs for the Gaan-Telet AAs. I'm not sure if this will help determine just how much their hp have been reduced, but the level 8 ones in GT currently have 67 hp (and deal 91 damage).
Kevin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Don't forget Sorcerer's Mana Shield and Gorgon's Death Gaze taking off death protections too.
gjaustin

Postby Gorgon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

The reducing attack thing is new. At least they don't have an absurdly high damage anymore. In my opinion, the ideal strategy is to hit them with fireballs/PISORF and weaken their attack, then use physical attacks.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Yup. The Indomitable is much easier when he does 3 instead of 72.

As for Gaan-Telet, I meant the 238 damage ones v other level 10 ones. Are they both reduced 10?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Kevin on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:22 am

Kevin

Return to Desktop Dungeons