[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A Few Things that Need Attention

A Few Things that Need Attention

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A Few Things that Need Attention

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 am

You don't need to; of the 4 times I've played it, three of them were won with hoarder and the other one was played with the express intent of doing nothing but converting stuff and getting swift-hands kills. The level is still the easiest of the challenges even when not playing as goblin.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:33 am

So, I just noticed that the scroll you start with is worth 300 conversion points, instant level 3 with a Goblin.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:46 am

And that's all the bonus EXP you need to win! Then you just have a swift hand party.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Incompetent on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Incompetent

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Agreed, Montheistic Binlor is a bad idea...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Incompetent on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Fair enough. I suppose I tend to stick to one god at the moment because I'm seeing how far I can push them individually, rather than because it's the optimal strategy. I'd still say you can get good mileage out of the Rock Heart + boon mana refill in the late game, even as the boons themselves become less important, but without Rock Heart there's definitely only so far you can sensibly take Binlor before it becomes better to reinvest all that piety elsewhere. (As an aside, I don't like the way the Paladin's Monotheism trait is pure pain at the moment, even if he deserves the nerf overall - it just seems to encourage faithless Paladins, which doesn't make much sense.)

I find Taurog's inventory hogging amusing, but it is a bit extreme. How about for each boon, Taurog makes one of your slots into a 'no glyph' slot.
Incompetent

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, that should be in bug reports. That's got to be unintentional.

The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons