[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk(y) Island

Monk(y) Island

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk(y) Island

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

Joist

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

I suppose you're right- I've just been bashing my head against vicious dungeons for a bit and all i've wanted is a choice of glyph.

I feel it could be implemented though, especially with a drawback system similar to the gods.

Come to think of it, the gods and the swap glyphs are my favourite because they give with one hand and take with the other.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I would added it just to The beta if not just to root out exploits
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Darvin

Postby Mister Bile on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah, things get a wee bit squeezed lately. *Especially* on already claustrophobic maps.

As for glyph lockers... I can see how they might not want people to just start with certain glyphs when certain classes are built around "We start with this one glyph!" Then again, like Bloggorus said, some of the vicious dungeons seem to *require* scumming for one of the right glyphs... to the point that I wish a big "GAME OVER" logo appeared the moment I tried a Rogue attempt on the Dragon Isles when CYDSTEPP isn't present. And also, we already have a lockerable fireball, what's one or two or twelve more?
Mister Bile

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Darvin

Postby Mister Bile on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Mister Bile

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 pm

If not a glyph locker, at least an option to guarantee a spawn of a glyph somewhere.It doesnt have to be on top of the player, just somewhere on the level so you can go for unique acheivements and badges with certain strategies without having to start again over and over.

And i imagined glyph lockers as having certain disadvantages, like a lost inventory slot, increased mana cost for the lockers glyph, lower conversion value or magic res. for all monsters.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 am

DON'T GIVE THE DEVS IDEAS! Anyways, that'd be mean. You don't have a penalty for the adventuring locker.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons