[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class Challenges

Class Challenges

All things Desktop Dungeons

Class Challenges

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Okay, just a few things on class challenges:

1. They're awesome.
2. The monk silver and gold ones are far too hard in comparison to the bloodmage silver and gold ones.
3. The silver and gold ones have too many discrepancies. Can we make all challenges so bronze is purist faithless with preset glyphs, Silver adds preset gods, they actually already do if you look at them, and gold is a normal game except the preset gods.
4. For the silver and gold challenges: PLEASE DON'T COPY EXISTING DUNGEONS! One of the main reasons I like the challenges is they're all unique and unlike all other dungeons. Taking Ick Swamp and pasting in a meat man with weakening as a boss should not be a challenge. They can be similar, like making it old Ick instead of new Ick, but please don't copy.

Please post on my opinions, I'd love some agreements or arguments.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Class Challenges

Postby Gorgon on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I agree with not copying existing dungeons. The only reason I play them is because they're different ;)

And also add some originality to some challenges (like monk silver, which is basically Ick Swamp with a Meat Man that has weakening).
Gorgon

Postby Kevin on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Chalk me up for total agreement. Wish I had something to add, but that about covers it.
Kevin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Well, hopefully since we all agree on it the devs will implement it. Hopefully.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

By saying don't copy I'm more saying make minor edits. Or make a new dungeon. For an example: For monk silver taking away some of the plants and adding a meat monster that does weakening, similar to the boss, would be good enough for me.

The Avatar

Postby Slimeria on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:55 am

Tell me about the Monk silver/gold! AAAA.
Earlier, failing the monk silver would still say you beat the challenge, which was a bug. I'm almost positive I should have unlocked Ick Swamp (I've already unlocked the Hex ruins bunch), so I thought that maybe that it had something to do with the monk silver bug. Trying to remedy it on my own, I thought it might fix itself if I went back and beat monk silver.

I may never know the answer. That challenge is REALLY, REALLY hard.
Slimeria

Postby Joist on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm pretty sure the monk quests only unlock the martyr wraps, no dungeons. Ick swamp has some other requirement IIRC. Let me do some googling.

Ok, go back to Hexx ruins and try to find a special subdungeon : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1815

Oh, and on Monk silver, the easy way is scumming for JJ and Pactmaker, taking body pact and getting 75% resist. I happened to document a run of my own on the old monk silver. Not sure if the new one is easier or harder, but one boss-guaranteed physical damage sounds easier https://imgur.com/a/lNLlk
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:59 pm

New one is harder. THe meat man does more than Itsssama and has waaaaay more hp. And weakening.

The Avatar

Postby Slimeria on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks, Joist. That threw me off; it was an odd little requirement, and the naga tail was the last trophy I needed.
I still haven't been able to beat wharbgarbllheimer, though. That guy is a jerk.
Slimeria

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons