The Indomitable - worshipping Taurog with 1000 piety

All things Desktop Dungeons

The Indomitable - worshipping Taurog with 1000 piety

Postby AdmiralDan on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 pm

So, this guy obviously worshipped Taurog a long time, cause by now, he has 50 Death Protections. ;)

How close did you get to beat him? Or did you actually pull it off all the way?

I got to 21 protections left with an elven wizard worshipping Mystera. I used the spell to detect 3 random dungeon tiles... again and again. Raised my mana multiple times, lowered magic resistance one time. When I got close to uncovering the whole dungeon, I saved 100 piety, uncovered the rest, and used Mysteras final boon.

After that, its the same procedure over and over. Fireballs at boss, leveling up with an 1-hp-enemy, fireballs at boss, leveli.... on and on it goes.

Tried some variation, like using another one of Mysteras final boon, before bombing the boss, but, as said, I got to 21 protections left. Thats still way too much. :?

How far did you get? How did you do it? :)
AdmiralDan

Re: The Indomitable - worshipping Taurog with 1000 piety

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

I got to like 10 protections with the Bloodmage strategy.

Then my browser crashed.

Not a happy camper.
TigerKnee

Postby LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Human Monk, worshipping Taurog - I got him down to three protections. Can you believe how pissed I am? :evil:
LonZealot

Postby AdmiralDan on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Yay, I did it. :o

Gnome Wizard, Mystera. :D

A variation of the tactic described in my first post, but with a lot of max. mana plus a lot of mana potions due to being a gnome.
Even after the dungeon was completely explored, I still used the tile exploring spell a lot, just to gain piety, always keeping 5 mana to kill one of the 1-hp-monsters to level up. :D

The trick was to get his hp down first, with Mysteras last boon, then gaining A LOT of mana over the first levels, and at level 6 or 7 I threw everything I had at him.
AdmiralDan

Return to Desktop Dungeons