[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extending wiki informations

Extending wiki informations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extending wiki informations

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:33 am

Oh, no. You have to go orc because being an orc is the only way to get to ~150 *base* attack. Because you are an orc and a transmuter your attack *percent* is in the toilet. So it's best to use items that focus on attack percentage because "orc transmuter" largely takes care of the base attack.

Stacking attack % is nice but the stacking bonus puts orc way way over humans with the transmuter. That makes me think, the only other stacking racial is Goblin. I wonder how that'd go.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:50 am

Bring a sensation stone, use Yendor, convert all, be level 10 without killing monsters. Or something to that effect.

I always love the dwarves gauntlets, they're an incredibly lucky pull in any dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:55 am

Didn't even need Yendor >.>

I got pactmaker next to spawn though and took the conversion one. I still don't know if that one is additive or multiplicative with the transmuters skill.

Anyway, I ate all the glyphs and that was all I needed to hit level 10. Really you could eat all of the glyph bar one and just buy an item from a shop to hit level 10, that way you'd be level 10 with cydstepp or level 10 with apheelsik.

Mind you, you are still a transmuter with no mana health or attack buffs so this would probably only be useful in normal/hard dungeons.

Oh yeah, back when I only played humans and avoided the orc I shunned the gauntlets. Now they are godly to me.
Joist

Postby Madness on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:09 am

Did the convo just derail or is it just me?
Madness

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 am

Problem with goblin transmuter isn't reaching level 10, it's actually being strong enough to do anything in the first place. The biggest advantage of goblin is using his racial bonus for mid-battle level-ups, but due to the way the transmuter works you cannot do this unless you have a poison attack. I don't see any practical way to get a real advantage out of goblin.

Due to the way the orc is implemented, any scenario where you can reliably acquire 1000 conversion points is going to be potentially game-breaking. A transmuter can go much higher than that, so he's a problem. If we had a reliable way to prep PISORF, it would be trivial to play a game-breaking Transmuter...
Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:17 am

Joist

Postby Madness on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:13 am

Or you can use the talk pages of the articles?

Btw, finished the glyph template http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... BURNDAYRAZ

It is pretty close to the in-game style, I'd love to enlarge it a little, but the image resizing in this mediawiki kinda sucks.
Madness

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:44 am

Neat.

Talk pages are pretty primitive though. I'll start a strategy thread.
Joist

Postby Madness on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:51 am

Well, it mostly depends on how they are used, you can have threads using semicolons to indent, it's just a matter to know how to use the tool, it's less user friendly, but far more powerful.
Madness

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:55 am

Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons