[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am

Yup, it's still fully function (I busted two holes with ENDISWAL to reach LEMMISI here; new monster placement makes it much harder to round up all the glyphs...)
Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:38 am

That's really neat. I'm jelly.

So I tried prepping Soul Orb in dragon isles and it turns out it's super easy. The only items I bought were a fine sword and a spoon (apart from conversion fodder). I had 10 mana potions left over : http://i.imgur.com/vpK97.png
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:39 am

Heh, and you only had 16 mana. You can go much higher than that with a little love from Jehora Jeheyu :)
Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 am

Yeah, but then I'd have to scum. So, no ;)
Joist

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Anyone got a good Gaan or Namtar strategy that doesn't involve the tri-sword?
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 am

Alchemist Scroll Priest, or 8 mp CYDSTEPP.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Namtar is easy pretty much with any class once you prep Binor. As for a race and a locker item I usually take the alchemist scroll and orc/halfling (whichever have better synergy with the class). Spam piety at lvl 1 and take down all mobs res, it makes leveling up sooooo much easier - mobs with no res, you will have ~3x% magic res and the map without walls is easy to explore efficiently. Convert out if it's possible (at lvl 1-2) but usually it won't since there will be just 2 other altars and you can't really go with TT (this early), Dracul, GG, Mystra, so the choice here is very limited. Anyway, just make sure you have enough piety to get lvl 10 safely. I usually WHUPAZ his sec form just cause weakening is annoying but it doesn't matter too much as I always have fortitude potion saved from the preparations. The underworld is pretty easy if you have done everything correctly. I usually have so much resources left it's not even close, could prob take another 2 lvl 10 bosses.
Lagmalix

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Joist

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Oh right, I've totally forgotten about the extra walls there. I don't prep the Den anymore, prefer the Black Market, as I find it hard to use efficiently. I always want to save the tiles to the very end, on the other hand there are 3 boosters there, which help you early but I guess in this case it might not be a bad idea to take it. I also usually take swap MP to HP boosters as this is pure dmg build. Btw even with 30% walls eroded there will be enough piety worth to take down 50% res, take the attack boost boon and save some up for the lvl ups. GL on your runs, I'm sure you will succeed.
Lagmalix

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons