New enemies too early?

All things Desktop Dungeons

New enemies too early?

Postby Rithe on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but the way the free version worked was that we would get new enemies as we got new classes. I upgraded my Adventurer's Guild to Level 2, and it said something about Wights now being in the dungeons. Or when I did the Mages, goats. Well, I had already seen both of them. The goats have been around since the start. Not sure when I started seeing the Wights (or is it Wraiths...). Or the Bandits? Shouldn't they show up a bit later? I know I have them, and they usually don't show up till one of the Tier 3 classes is unlocked (I forget which right now).

Is this intentional for this version? Just something that isn't implemented yet? If this is the way it should be working, then the flavor text about new enemies appearing should probably be removed.
Rithe

Re: New enemies too early?

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Speaking of... an in-game monster/item/deity compendium would be swell :D Later, though, later.
PeaceChaser

Re: New enemies too early?

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 am

As far as I can tell, Venture Cave and Den of Danger are the only dungeons affected by the "You unlocked X monster" thing. Most of the pre-scripted dungeons use their own monster types regardless of whether you unlocked them or not.
TigerKnee

Return to Desktop Dungeons