Class Challenge Suggestions!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Class Challenge Suggestions!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Okay, as of now, class challenge difficulty is kind of all over the place, and I think there's just a few easy fixes needed.

1. You should switch the bosses and gods between Sorcerer Silver and Gold. Also, remove The Undefeatable's revive.
2. Buff The Immovable a little. Once you figure out his trick, he's not hard at all.
3. Warlord Gold could use a minor nerf to the three bleats. Also, they should have funny looking goat sprites. Sort of a see-through "Goo" Goat, a REALLY FAT "Meat" goat, and a ghost/spirit "Tormented" goat.
4. Draugr is a bit on the weak side. I didn't even get ENDISWALL and he was a cakewalk.
5. What's up with Pally Silver? It's impossible. Flat out IMPOSSIBLE. There's definitely a trick, but it's not obvious enough.
6. Despite the Berglwergl nerfs, Monk silver is still very difficult. You need to remove one of the two "untouchable" plants, because you can't prep fireball. Oh yeah, Berglwergl has better stats than Itsssama, so this is harder than purist in Ick.
7. Now that we have the descriptions, can you make it show the story text even if you've previously won?

Please comment or disagree with my changes!
Last edited by The Avatar on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Class Challenge Suggestions!

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:23 pm

I think Assassin Gold is fine as is. It's roughly on-par with hard-difficulty scenarios. The issue is that other gold (and silver...) level challenges are on-par with vicious.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Really? I didn't have too much trouble with Warlord gold, it just required some thinking beforehand. I think buffing Assassin a little, and nerfing warlord a little will make a good difficulty level for gold. Also, assuming they move Undefeatable to gold, please take out his revives.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I was more thinking of Sorcerer and Paladin Silver. Warlord Gold is still a notch above any of the hard difficulty levels, and fills the gaping intermediate difficulty range between hard and vicious. If it didn't gate the Trisword, I'd argue to leave it as is since it's currently offering a very unique difficulty level that no other dungeon presents currently.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah, it's my favorite level ATM. Still, with minor nerfs, it'll be the hardest hard dungeon. Anyways, you don't really NEED the tri-sword do you? And if you need it for Vicious, that's a good thing that this level gates it, as that makes it sort of a Vicious intro.

As for the Paladin, I'd say on par with IMPOSSIBLE.

The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Sorcerer Silver:

Remove the boss' revive thing and give 100 death protections.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 pm

That works, but that's still really hard compared to Eeblis. The Undefeatable definitely belongs in sorcerer gold.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons