[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Paladin Silver

Paladin Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Paladin Silver

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 am

Okay, if there's ever been an impossible task, it's this. The boss has better stats than the matron, it has a cruel monster set for Paladins, you have to use Taurog, and if there's a trick it's so obscure that this might as well be impossible. On top of that you have to play PURIST, making it completely broken. I have tried killing all dragons and magic monsters, converting no glyphs, converting all glyphs, converting Taurogs stuff, not worshipping Taurog, fireballing her, etc. Nothing worked. The only thing left is kill everything which is practically impossible given the monsters and the fact that they have Vicious stat modifiers.

I guess it's either broken, has a waaaay to difficult and obscure trick, or the devs are just screwing with us.

Has anyone beaten it? Has anyone killed all the monsters? Devs, can you please explain what is going on?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Paladin Silver

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am

I'm curious about this too.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am

Request for developer response thirded
Darvin

Postby Mister Bile on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:15 am

Unless I'm missing something, managed to kill/IMAWALL everything. Boss continues to be smug.
Mister Bile

Postby Nandrew on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 am

Heyhey! Er, that was a mistake, definitely. Took liberties on the difficulty of one or two gold challenges, but this shouldn't have been hit. It's the result of a last minute change to make the level feature vicious minions and an okay-ish boss, but I forgot to downgrade the boss when I changed the other stats. D'oh.

I'd really surprised if anyone DID finish this given the restrictions that were coded into it. :P
Nandrew

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 am

Ha! Thanks for the heads up. We'll leave it alone until next update then.
Joist

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 am

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 am

Well, good to know it wasn't some really obscure/strange trick that no one could figure out.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Although it's probably the first thing noone was able to do at all for a looong while...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:10 pm

We can't let the devs beat us! Someone, figure out a way to win this!

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons