32%
Vicious Halls of Steel
5%
Vicious Gaan-Telet
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 pm

For now... I can't wait to wreck every dungeon with my half-dragon!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby unentschieden on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:15 am

Human vs. Orc needs a change, since the alpha it´s a purely mathematical equation which one grants more damage ergo is better. My suggestion would be to look at the other race "matchups" and give the orc the potion equivialent to the humans statboost: strenght potion. That would also thematically fit to make orcs less glyphusers.
unentschieden

Postby q 3 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Converting for Strength Potions would be nearly impossible to balance. Either you can convert for 10+ of them at level 1 and kill nearly any boss in a single hit, or you set their cost at 300+ CP and the race becomes nearly unusable.

It's not really a matter of "purely mathematical equation," either, unless you know ahead of time exactly how many CP you will have and when. Which is rarely the case outside of very specific, likely to be removed before final release, strategies. (As an aside, Elf/Gnome and Dwarf/Halfling also have a "purely mathematical" superior in just about any situation, but again you'll rarely know all the variables ahead of time. It's just more notable with Humans/Orcs because increasing damage output is more likely to allow for one of the aforementioned very specific strategies, as happened with the Strength Potion and Crusader bugs.)
q 3

Postby brogue on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

I voted for the demonic library. There are several reasons why I think that this dungeon is the best. One might be that I love libraries in general and also in real life especially when they are the home of old and antique books! I just love their look (and smell haha*). And no feeling is better than finding a rare book £5 off! Of course this is not possible online, but the feeling also remains in a game!
brogue

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons