Failed to save game

Got a problem? Let us know!

Failed to save game

Postby Patuti on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I've been playing the game for a few days and I have a recurring problem, the msg stating the game is not able to save the game shows up after a while, generally around 30min, even though my connection is all good, after I click on "Retry" a few times it'll hide but after a while it'll popup again.
Patuti

Re: Failed to save game

Postby dislekcia on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Do you have any sort of odd firewall or proxy server that might be trying to prevent standard HTTP requests when the game tries to save? That's what it's warning you about - the message not getting to the server properly.
dislekcia

Postby Patuti on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes I'm behind a proxy but I think that's not the problem because the game saves fine for a while, usually I play for 20-30 minutes and then the problem starts.

Today for example was an exception, I played for 40-50 minutes without running into this problem.
Patuti

Postby dislekcia on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Really not sure what that could be - generally proxies have caused save issues for us in the past... That kind of intermittent, possibly-time-related sort of error could be any number of things. At least it does actually save again though, it would be bad if saving stopped completely! My guess is that once the proxy has some sort of timeout on "active" connections, so it tries to give you the same information again instead of a valid new save return, then once you say essentially "no, do it again" it figures out that you should have a through connection after all and goes back to not getting in the way.

But that's just a theory and not a sanctioned technological diagnosis... Also, can I be allowed to be a little happy that you play for that long? That's awesome :)
dislekcia

Postby Patuti on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I guess somehow the problem was fixed.

It's the third day that I'm playing around 40-50 minutes without the "failed to save game" problem. =)
Patuti

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I'd love to take credit for the fix, but I don't think it had anything to do with the update ;)
dislekcia

Return to Support