[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Art of Negotiation

The Art of Negotiation

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Art of Negotiation

Postby paK0 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am

So, I noticed you can't transmute the boss trophy anymore qq

Is there any reason for for nerfing the ways to make money and the preparations costing still as much besides making people grind Hobblers Hold?
paK0

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah, the overall economy took a big hit this update. And a lot of Naga City strats did too.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 am

I did Naga earlier with a monk to check out how much gold the bosses drop. It's 25g each.

I'm pleased with my strat though, prep tri-sword and Binlor, get 35 magic resist, go down with 100 piety, convert to binlor, get 15 of each resist, consensus and switch to dracul, eat some sparkles and get 15 more of each resist. You get 65-70 magic resist and 75 phys resist. Then just dominate. A dodge potion and a reflex potion will get you two hits on timothy to get past him. Whupaz whoever, timothy even. Seriously, just dominate with the uber resists and tri-sword.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Human Monk with maxed resists and a well-fueled Trisword... delicious. And with all that gold you could probably handle an alchemist's scroll on top of it.

The trophy transmuting exploit needed to be addressed, which should hopefully reveal that aside from this one combo the transmutation scroll and bet on the boss were both crud.
Darvin

Postby Malow on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Just tried Naga with Human Monk, success! And it would have been really easy if it wasn't of me not looking at my Piety and having TT punish me. 17 weakening hits, it hurts! Would that work on any other Vicious Dungon?
Malow

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Wouldn't work against the Matron since she resist-downs you, money would be a problem in Gaan-Telet or possibly VHoS, but it should work in Namtar's Lair and the Demonic Library. Be sure to prep the apothecary so you can purchase burn cure and fortitude potions to clear the debuffs you'll take on those scenarios.
Darvin

Postby Nurator on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm

i tried that out and it worked perfectly fine until the bandit with 50% resist down came... after him I had no chance at all... what did you do against him?
Nurator

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Worship Tikki Tooki and select his "Reflex" boon to get his two potions. Drink the Quicksilver Potion and attack another monster until the combat prediction reads "dodge", then drink the Reflex potion. You will hit the bandit, then you will dodge his attack, then the reflex potion will kick in and you get a second attack for free.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:48 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Unless you get them both in the same set, there's no reason why you can't use this combo against both Bleaty and Tomithy.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons