[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Detailed Map Screen

Detailed Map Screen

All things Desktop Dungeons

Detailed Map Screen

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Okay, maybe the devs are going to add this along with a new Kingdom screen, but I haven't seen anything about it. So here it is: I would like the adventuring map to be much more detailed and interesting. Instead of a practically blank map with a few sketches on it, I would prefer a colorful map. That way, instead of having to keep little buttons all over it you could have different sections of the map correspond to different dungeons. Instead of a little button it's a portion of the map that gives info when you mouse over/click on it like the buttons already do. Also, if you haven't discovered the region yet you can just have it not draw it, cover the section(s) with clouds, or any other way of concealing the dungeons. I don't know, I'd just prefer a dynamic, colorful, and interesting map to are normal bland map. Just my opinion.

Does anyone agree? Disagree? Have questions?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Detailed Map Screen

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 pm

YES! Anyways, I still hope it will be regions instead of little buttons on top of the more detailed screen.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

IIRC that's what they are doing with the kingdom, having mainly blank in the beginning and as you unlock buildings they appear instead of having the buttons. I agree it'd work well with the dungeons too.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, I think leaving it blank until you discover the dungeon would be the best solution. It even makes sense: You draw on new areas as you discover them.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 03, 2012 4:05 pm

I think you'll like what happens with the map eventually. It wasn't going to stay the way it is now :)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Well that's great news! I can't wait for all the new graphics.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons