[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Art of Negotiation

The Art of Negotiation

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Art of Negotiation

Postby Blovski on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Blovski

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Darvin

Postby antherem on Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Am I missing something with the silver berserker challenge? As far as I can tell it's just rerolling the dungeon until you get the viper ward shop early, hoping the random monster isn't the resist-down bandits, and that the resist-down plants and high-level physical monsters aren't completely blocking your path. I've gotten to the point where I can actually attack the boss a couple of times but I don't have anywhere near the resources left to take him down. And if it's actually just a scumming challenge then :|
antherem

Postby Joist on Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

You don't want to fight anything that isn't magic, use your resists to get some good level catapulting going on early. Try and break into the mob "chain" early, around the 1s and 2s and then you can mostly just follow that to the boss, attacking mobs once to make them teleport if they are in your way. Use the potions, you'll probably only be able to use one or two against the boss depending on how many dark tiles you have. They give an experience boost and first strike, so use them as a finishing move.

Against the boss, you'll have to regen fight him. Whenever your health dips close to 0 chug a might potion for a little extra kick in your attack.

I think I used the Viper Ward too, maybe it is necessary.

Dunno how useful this would be but it's the only screenshot I could find of my run.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah, and anyways the devs are making the silvers only partial prep dungeons, but at least that's better than what it is already.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons