BLUDTUPOWA Suggestion

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: BLUDTUPOWA Suggestion

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah. A glyph locker would take away scumming whatsoever, or at least 90% of it, and it would let us identify a TON of exploits.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Plus we really need PISORF lockerable for beta-testing purposes. I'm 99% sure there are game-breaking exploits that could be done with it, particularly comboing off of rock heart, and the only thing holding us back is the scumming involved.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Although I see why it would be nice to have PISORF available through preps, I don't really see where there would be a problem with potential game-breaking exploits with it if this were to stay the way it is until release;
If there is an exploit and we don't want to scum for it, why should new players scum for it more than we do?
And if an exploit is found, where is the incentive to scum for it when you can beat the game in various other ways that don't require much scumming?
So either pisorf and therefore the exploits get available through preps and the exploits can be effectively found or it stays the way it is and there is no incentive to scum for exploits. Sounds solid to me either way, I don't see how one thing depends on the other.

Although in general I'd also be in favor of a pisorf prep or a class that starts it. I don't know, call it smite and give it to the crusader instead of the extra altar and make it count as a normal attack regarding momentum or something.
Fran

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons