Seal balance

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Seal balance

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Agreed. The Orc is the same as a fine sword.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, Orcs have been seriously nerfed. New Orc falls behind old Orc at 600 conversion points... and the maxim for old orc was "if you can't hit 600 CP minimum, play human". I only use them for Rogues and Crusaders currently, and the Crusader has suffered horribly from the Orc nerf since he was basically dependent on conversion stacking with old Orc to shine.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 pm

That or the PISORF bug that gave them 3000% bonus.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Crusader actually was a half-decent (if low-tier) class prior to the Orc nerf, but you had to play conversion-heavy Orc to make him work. Now that he's lost his primary combo, he's the weakest class in the game again.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 am

Yeah. Anyways, I never really liked the crusader. I think a fundamental rework should be in order.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 am

I like Crusader as he is; the only problem is that he's too dependent on stacking orc racial bonus to shine.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 am

Really? I never liked how he couldn't fireball or kill No Exp enemies. Also, he was far to reliant on base attack.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 10, 2012 2:35 am

Killing no XP enemies could have been fixed. Especially since he could be immune to mana burn, the fireball thing wasn't an issue; just hit first then fireball. I do agree about the base attack concern, which is what has precipitated his problem; any nerf to Orc is effectively a nerf to Crusader.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 3:06 am

So a big nerf to orc was a HUGE nerf to the already weak crusader. Perhaps adding a +1 base per level/2 rounded up per kill, capping at +4 base per level/2 rounded up, so both more percent and base are good. Also, it's a buff.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 am

Hmmm... perhaps it may be best to make the base attack not scale by levels. Crusaders go to incredible lengths to preserve their popcorn for the end-game, because momentum is so much more powerful late than it is early. If the base attack bonus didn't scale by level, then there might be more incentive to use up popcorn earlier, while also make the crusader a stronger class at lower levels in particular.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons