[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ask QCF a question

Ask QCF a question

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ask QCF a question

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Are you going to do patch notes in the beta? It would be fun to look back later on and to see how things have changed in the beta and on.
zeemeerman2

Postby dislekcia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 pm

dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

dislekcia

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Um... newbie question:
Which site again? Will you post it at QCFDesign or at desktopdungeons.net?
(See my other post)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=214
zeemeerman2

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 am

dislekcia

Postby Toamikel on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello
Will we be able to import the game into steam if we have the game and will the Steam version have something special? Or will the Steam version have the same thing as the Special Edition game?
Thanks
Toamikel

Postby shteev on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:56 am

Hi! Me again. Still loving the game!!!!

I was wondering if certain memory or calculation issues are going to be changed in the next version of the game?

Calculation-wise, at present, although you can see how much damage will be done to each combatant in the next attack on their health bars, you can't see the precise amount of damage that will be done, i.e. the exact number of points of damage that will be dealt. This is often crucial when working out how a complicated fight will work out in advance. It would be nice if the Desktop Dungeons application gave me these figures rather than me calculate them myself. Obviously, I don't expect the game to work out the entire fight for me, especially if it involves a rune such as HALPMEH, but it would be nice if it would tell me the exact amount of damage I'm dealing in a single blow, without having to +30% or -25% in my head. Especially since I can just run a calculator program in another window and have my computer do it for me anyway!

Similarly, there is one memory issue in the game, where information is clearly provided for me and yet, currently, I must record it independently of the game to keep track of it: the fighter tracks the positions of monsters which are of the same level as himself, and as he gains levels, reveals the positions of new monsters of his new level. So, it is perfectly possible for me as the player if the game to record which monsters are of which level on a piece of paper, but the game currently does not do it for me.
shteev

Postby Sawrge on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 am

Will we get to see the special edition content in the beta, or is it gonna come out with the full release?
Sawrge

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 pm

dislekcia

Postby Toamikel on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello
Is there a special program or editor to create your own tilesets?
Thanks
Toamikel

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons