[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Loot calculations

Loot calculations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Loot calculations

Postby 232 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm now curious, how is the gold you get from loot calculated? The boss trophy is obvious, but there's other stuff. Potions don't seem to count, when I tested how much you got per glyph I found:

1: 10
2: 10
3: 10/20/30?
4: 20
5: 30
6: 30/40?

And that's without even looking at items. So now I'm curious as to how the whole loot calculation algorithm works.

Edit: While I'm here, does the value of boss trophies ever go back up after a while? I've only ever seen it trend downwards.

Re: Loot calculations

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 am

Magic.

Actually each item has a value, glyphs are special in some ways, but I'm not sure how much they're worth offhand without looking at the code (and it's 4am on a saturday morning, I kinda don't wanna do that).

Boss trophies do go back up, their value goes down according to how many there are in the taxidermist's list that displays in the building.
dislekcia

Postby platypotamus on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am

One thing that I think is kind of interesting (not sure yet if good or bad) is the seemingly unrelated nature of the gold cost and the conversion value of items. I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but I think it's the Troll Heart is super cheap, but pretty good conversion value. Whichever item it is, I've totally bought it just to convert it and push myself over the threshhold for a reward just before/during a boss fight.
platypotamus

Postby Alweth on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:29 am

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Galefury on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 am

The pendant of health immediately gives you 10 health for 25 gold. The troll heart costs 15 gold and gives you at most +10 health later (only possible with GGs humility, normal cap is 9), without any immediate benefit. The higher conversion points are part of what you pay for, because the actual item effect is hardly worth even 5 gold. I too have bought it just to convert it once, and I think that's fine. It made me feel clever, and getting to feel clever is pretty much what I play this game for.
Galefury

Postby Wyeth on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 am

I think some of the gold values in the lower left corner of the items are outright wrong. I made a test where I collected glyphs/items added their respective values (in the lower left corner) together and I got considerably less gold from my loot... or are the gold values in the lower left corner of the things not what you get for them at the end of the dungeon?
For example potions lying on the floor say a value of 15 gold but in your inventory it says 0... kinda weird...
Anyone knows if this is a bug or something else?
Wyeth

Postby michal.lewtak on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Oh hey QCF, how about telling us which boss is what type of enemy? (but only the ones we discovered already)
Just to know where to play for a better boss prize value from the taxidermist.
michal.lewtak

Postby 232 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Postby Alweth on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 pm

The only conceivable purpose of the gold values given on items is to say how much you'll get for selling them. If it doesn't correlate, that's probably a bug.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby DalaranJ on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 pm

You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons