[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bead Enthusiast

Bead Enthusiast

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bead Enthusiast

Postby GoatBot on Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Discussion - Bead Enthusiast
GoatBot

Re: Bead Enthusiast

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 25, 2012 4:54 pm

After a quick look, GG no longer penalizes you for picking up gold or fighting higher level monsters. Most of his boons now add a Prayer Bead to your inventory, which is a small, unconvertable item that grants 1% magic resistance. Absolution is now a repeatable boon that costs 4 piety and only converts one monster into HP.

EDIT: Oh, and Enlightenment is totally different now. It adds special powers to your prayer beads (1% damage, 1 HP, 1 XP, 10 conversion)

I think this a better direction for GG. Limiting inventory fits in better with his theme, and the way that Enlightenment tries to turn his disadvantage on its head is interesting. We'll see how it looks out.
Sidestepper

Postby gjaustin on Fri May 25, 2012 5:10 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Paladin is doable, Wizard is doable, Theif is actually fairly easy as now you need only one attack booster and GETINDARE instead of 2 boosters and GETINDARE. Basically the boss is a joke. ENDISWALL and GETINDARE will crush him. I haven't tried the fighter since Platemail fix.

GG looks interesting, but I'll have to test him.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Also, the new absolution and cleansing will stuff your bag with beads, which is great for enlightenment.

Also, they should make protection based on the amount of beads you have.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri May 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I think it's clever gamedesign that you unlock the veto slot after completing all gold challenges of a single guild building. You have to unlock 4 items in order to lock one - that's a balanced trade off in my book. I'm enjoying the process of gamedesign almost as much as the game itself :)
Fran

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm

I also think that GG grants starting piety based on your current level. Is this new?

I like the new GG so far, but won't have a firm opinion until I can actually play a few rounds. He is closer to his old theme now, which I like a lot, and long-term worship might be tenable. I really appreciate that there is no longer a tension between his mechanics (avarice conflicted with self reliance, and humility and absolution both conflicted with arrogance).

I still don't like the burnt offering mechanic and would like to see it replaced with something else. It's off theme and arbitrary, and it requires so much fiddling to get it to work that it stops being a game and starts being an arithmetic exercise.
Sidestepper

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons