Some Thoughts on Items

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Some Thoughts on Items

Postby Darvin on Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Vamp isn't an issue, since lifesteal is capped by your damage. At a certain point, every point of DR you gain is a point of lifesteal lost. For vampires that go above 600 CP, there's pretty much zero benefit to be had here. As for level 10 Monk with 5 corrosion, that'd be only 25 health per tile, but you take additional damage from each attack. I'd actually be more concerned about a mid-level Priest than a high-level Monk. I can't recall if corrosion damage is applied before or after resistances; that would certainly change matters.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 am

Ah, I was assuming that the monks ability to double regen applied in this case.

Also, I keep forgetting Vamps no longer convert into DP. I really should play them more.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Just two small ones to add today:

Elven Boots (35 GP) and Dwarven Gauntlets (35 GP) seem a bit overpriced in the current economy. They're very good items, but probably more on par with the 20-25 GP stuff.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Agreed, while they're good items and I like them, they're not worth that much.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons