[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta Requests

Beta Requests

All things Desktop Dungeons

Beta Requests

Postby sitnaltax on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:41 pm

1. If I have physical slots and magical/physical slots, please put my starting physical items into the physical slots. In general I would prefer for glyphs to go into the early slots so I can use consistent keys for them, and potions and . nonclickable items to go into what's remaining.

2. Elves get only 1 mana per 70 conversion points? Were they too strong?

3. This has been asked elsewhere, but if I am facing a monster and it has abilities (like the desert troll), how can I mouseover the abilities to see what they do? Unlike items, I can't stand on the tile and switch tabs.

I am enjoying the beta so far!
sitnaltax

Re: Beta Requests

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:58 pm

dislekcia

Postby damousey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:13 pm

The ability to put back preparations would be nice, you only realize once you click play that you've overspent. the what, go back to the dungeon map?

The option to drop one or all preparations from the alert would work nicely, or take us back to that part of the process to repack the backpack.
damousey

Postby Aequitas on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 pm

I know it's not apparent right now, but you can click on any prep in the list on the right to remove it.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby zeemeerman2 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 pm

If you want to desecrate a certain deity, could you please tooltip us which effects it would give if you did? E.g. if I'm a typical Classic+Taurog-like warrior that doesn't cast any spells, I would be okay to desecrate an altar of, say, Tikki Tooki if he would take away my mana or glyphs, but not if he would take away half of my health or melee attack. The only way to know what it does now is trial and error. "Try it. If you don't want it to happen, start again."

In that order, it would be nice to see any puzzles later on that would make use of the convert/desecrate option of deities.
zeemeerman2

Postby redic on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 pm

I got some requests too. :D

1. I really hope that you can download the beta in the future and not always have to play in the browser.

2. Will there be a modding option? For like different looking Characters etc.

3. Please redesign the Charakter models in game, I just think that the pictures of their faces are not a really good looking thing. The Character pictures are awesome but please create new charactermodels.
redic

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

dislekcia

Postby quentin405 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:26 pm

My request would be to either send me my email so I can get into beta. Or answer my post on the support forum...

Would really like to play o.O
quentin405

Postby zeemeerman2 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Modding support is not the same as Modding options.

Minecraft for example has a lot of mods, tho mods are not supported at all. Mods in Minecraft change the core game file (the Java minecraft.jar game file) instead of adding an additional file in a possible ..\Minecraft\Mods folder. Therefore, if something goes wrong, Notch can't be responsible for fixing it.
And yet there are a lot of mods.

Why not at Desktop Dungeons the same kind of possibilities? (Not sure about the technical parts in Unity...)
zeemeerman2

Postby thaile on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Two request that I have currently would be.

1. Add a way to temp save and quit the game while in a dungeon. Sometimes I run out of time while in a dungeon and I hate losing all the effort and preparation gold because I had to turn off my comp.

2. Would be to add a tooltip or something explaining how the guild store works. Took me forever to figure out your had to drag and drop the items you want to save. This is mainly because I didn't know you could drag and drop anything in the game.
thaile

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons