[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Tiny text : "+5 carnage"

Tiny text : "+5 carnage"

All things Desktop Dungeons

Tiny text : "+5 carnage"

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 am

It has been said many times : the tiny bit of text below objects can be difficult to read. I think that you have changed it but it is still far from being perfect.

So, I have just noticed that the text below the fine sword reads "+5 carnage", instead of "+5 damage" :twisted:

Last edited by flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
flap

Re: Tiny text : "+5 carnage"

Postby michal.lewtak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 am

You can play fullscreen (menu button on top right), or, if you don't like the fact that alt-tabbing from it will exit the fullscreen mode, you can enlarge the window size (Ctrl+Plus in Firefox and any other humane browser), and Unity will properly enlarge the whole game.
michal.lewtak

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 am

Oh, yes. I know that. But still, that was a funny moment of wonderment.
flap

Postby michal.lewtak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am

Hey QCF, why not make the game size 50% bigger, on the play page? Nobody has resolutions that small to be in need of such a small window. I know, I know, you want to show the pixel-perfect version, but why not a button that lets you increase or decrease the size of the applet, so that we don't have to resort to making the whole page bigger?
Wait, what am I saying, ignore all that; work on the bugs and new content! ;)
michal.lewtak

Postby increpare on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

increpare

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 am

Okay, I chuckled. Now I keep seeing "carnage" (my personal dev window actually shows the crappy text too, I used to think that was just my preview environment).

We've actually made that stuff bigger for the time being, at least until we work out a proper solution. Some of the text is breaking its bounds as a result, but at least it's legible. ;)
Nandrew

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 am

gagnarkgnark.
I am particularly pleased to have spoiled the mind of one developer.
And the same as increpare, the pixel perfect definition just fits on my screen.

By the way, "increpare". Are you the one from http://www.increpare.com/ ? If so, I am glad to see you here! Your "theatrics" inspired me a card game (still being designed). But for you own sanity, this needs to be said : you really are fucked up man ! :)
flap

Postby michal.lewtak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 am

michal.lewtak

Postby pakoito on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 am

I also have this problem, tooltips for items where in belt are hard to read, and I cannot go fullscreen because the game is already hogging my netbook resources as it is.

1366x720
pakoito

Postby michal.lewtak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:53 pm

I would like to suggest a low quality setting for this game where you can diable all the visual effects with alpha blending and whatnot. I got a pretty reasonable computer here at work and it runs poorly on it (I should be thankful for that, though...)
michal.lewtak

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons