Expand map base by letting some o the community participate?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Expand map base by letting some o the community participate?

Postby pakoito on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

One of the problems aknowledged in this forums is that even though there's evolution in the "meta" part of the game, it happens maybe too fast for people to taste it. The jump from trial to standard to difficult dungeons is just in the length of 3 or 4 quests. Aside from your standard, hard but balanced random dungeons you could give a number of premade dungeons in each tier for new players to test their skills in. Where in Puzzle Dungeons there's only a fixed solution this ones would be a bit more open.

I know it is not the newest idea, but some indie games are trying to overcome this by lending your quick&dirty editing tools to proven people (not me!) (well, maybe I can give it a go but no promises!) for them to create some maps. Examples of games doing the same are Monaco, VVVVVV or No Time To Explain, and in a different way Super Meat Boy.

Just give it a thought.
pakoito

Re: Expand map base by letting some o the community particip

Postby Misery on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:04 pm

I like this idea!

This sorta thing could also come into play in the pluzzle sort of mode; it'd mean more of those, instead of running out.

Surely this wouldnt be THAT hard to implement.
Misery

Re: Expand map base by letting some o the community particip

Postby Deadman on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 am

I think that could certainly be interesting.
It's amazing how different a map you can get from someone who has is on the outside looking in
Deadman

Return to Desktop Dungeons