[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - um... Unhappy Customer :(

um... Unhappy Customer :(

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: um... Unhappy Customer :(

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:48 pm

dislekcia

Postby Misery on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Misery

Postby mass09 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:06 am

I don't have any problems with the online Beta system. It probably also helps prevent piracy. Otherwise every second guy would be playing the pirate version and there wouldn't be an incentive to pre-order.
mass09

Postby HenryVIIII on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:48 pm

HenryVIIII

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 am

dislekcia

Postby Razotter on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I have a question somewhat related to this topic.

Is it normal for the unity player to redownload the whole 15-20 MB game each time the page is loaded? I would have expected some caching or something to occur, so am wondering if perhaps there's something faulty with my installation, or whether this is expected behaviour.
Razotter

Postby dislekcia on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 pm

dislekcia

Postby Grond on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:36 am

I have to agree with the original poster. I heard about Desktop Dungeons, played the alpha for a while, went back and skimmed the website, and purchased the beta. Nowhere on the purchase page is it stated that you're going to be forced to play in your browswer. What makes things even more misleading is that the ZAR size is given next to the prices of the different versions on the purchase page, leading you to believe that after you pay, you'll be downloading a compressed file and therefore a standalone game.

Playing in the browser is arguably the worst aspect of DD. The game is touted as being able to be played on a 10 minute coffee break, but to do so, the following steps must be taken -

1. Get online, go to the DD website.
2. Click play, wait for the Unity player to L-O-A-D................
3. Enter your email address and pasword.
4. Go fullscreen (the only way to play) then exit fullscreen
5. Change your desktop resolution, then change it back, so that the in-game menus are aligned with your on-screen pointer. If this step isn't taken, when you mouse over a menu, it isn't highlighted, and can't be clicked on. You have to mouse over the area below it to highlight and use it.

Playing in the browser, and having to take these steps to do so, is currently my only gripe with this game. Well, besides the ridiculous difficulty of some dungeons and bosses, which seem to require that you not only have skill, but also the luck of useful glyphs appearing. Since I suspect that I just need to get better, I'll withhold that as an official gripe for the time being. :)
Grond

Postby bla0815 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm

bla0815

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons