[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Postby fall_ark on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 pm

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 pm

There's an item on the map that gets rid of the bosses resists in Paladin Bronze.

If you're having trouble with Gaan-Telet, try a Golin Assasssin. Get to level 9 before you fight the level 8's, be level 10 before the 9's, and fight the rest.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Heh, goblin assasin did it. Barely. I had to regen fight the boss in the end, the old fashioned way - by hitting for more damage total after 6 revealed blocks -.-' Beaten Gaan'Telet, and still haven't unlocked Doubledoom? Hah.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Bloodmage Silver - Dear god. What's the cathc? There's got to be a catch. I can't seem to do it and I've tried everything that makes sense.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Err... What is Bloodmage Silver? I don't remeber it...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:03 pm

It's on the Havendale Bridge map, has the Troll, and the thokoloshke which leave useless (maybe) 5% mag res charms.

Now the thing is, the boss is a blinking phys DAM druid with over 600 HP, 75% Phys res, 10 Death Protections and Revives. What he revives as I can't tell as I've not been able to kill him yet, and I did try about 5-6 times with different bloodmages.

the thing is that he spawns plants (all but corrosive) every time you hit him, and blinks on top of it. If you hit him with Phys it does nothing, and if you hit him with Burndayraz and he blinks, next plant you kill (and he spawns a lot) sets off burning and there's even mro plants. And you can't prep anythign but bazzar. It's... Insane, really. Can't be intentional, maybe you could prep stuff at some point, this way it's ridiculous.

In other news, Assasin Silver went down, it's the old creeplight contract, with only 2 altars and a only blacksmith prep run. I got the poisoned dagger, big whoop.

I've also done Paladin Bronze, and the Paladin Silver looks tricky but doable, for now.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Paladin Silver really isn't too hard, the key is to use a death protection before the battle, get back up to 100 piety, and then attack him.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:01 pm

What about the Bloodmage?
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 am

I don't know, I'll need to look at it. I haven't gotten around to trying it.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Necro!

Bloodmage Silver took a few tries; I eventually ended up with crystal ball abuse. BTW, he respawns as a magic attacker with magic resist, so that's what the amulets are for. I had to grab a burn salve - post-respawn, he stops making plants everywhere, so you can take out all the plants and used the salve to remove the corrosion stacks. Try to remember where your blood puddles were - I had to save 80% or so of my puddles for making it through that fight. I used a Dwarf; if puddles heal a flat percentage of your HP, get your HP as high as you can. BURNDAYRAZ is really only useful on the boss. Other than that, HALPMEH is better almost every time.

But neither Thief Silver nor Bloodmage Silver is giving me half the problems I'm having with Priest Silver. 2200hp boss? Iccck. The only way I even get close is with a Halfling Priest with Crystal Ball, LEMISI, Midas Gloves, Vampiric Sword, and HALPMEH. Seeing as how I can't even prep any of that stuff, that's a loooot of scumming to even have a shot. There must be a secret I'm missing.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons