[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Crashes all day long

Crashes all day long

Got a problem? Let us know!

Re: Crashes all day long

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm

dislekcia

Postby FDru on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Actually, I take that back because the game won't run at all under my main Firefox instance. It seems to run fine on a second Firefox instance (using a separate shortcut with the command line "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p "dd" -no-remote ) which is what I was using to play it when I made my last post, but it doesn't even get to the log-in screen with just the normal Firefox process. It gets " the content was stopped because a fatal error occurred" or whatever that error is.

edit: closing down and restarting my primary Firefox instance made the game run fine, at least for awhile (I only gave it about 20 minutes). Apparently it doesn't like to run if Firefox has been open for a long time, and mine runs for days sometimes weeks without being closed (although its system usage doesn't change or anything).
FDru

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 pm

That sounds like the game download is getting corrupted somehow. That's what that fatal error means.

Interestingly, the latest version is like 400k smaller than the previous build. That's the only thing I can think of that could have changed that could have anything to do with corruption... Hrm.
dislekcia

Postby rambert iv on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 am

hi,

I just bought this game today because i liked the alpha version so much.

however, everytime i try to play i get the same error the person above me is describing, so i havent been able to play it since i bought it....
the unity plugin seems to load something, then stops and says "the content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected".

i'm running one of the latest versions of firefox and the unity-plugin i downloaded today from this site.
rambert iv

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:54 pm

dislekcia

Postby rambert iv on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 am

thanks for the reply, but it still doesn't work... i tried several times this week, reinstalled the unity-player again and again, tried with firefox, chrome, opera and IE.... i always get the same error: "the content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected".
also, it appears that my ISP doesn't use a proxy-server that caches things anymore.
rambert iv

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

Ack. Well, I don't think it's fair for us to keep suggesting that the download is broken, even though that appears to be the major cause of fatal content errors. A lot of people on here have reported that once we upload a new version on friday, their problem goes away (usually due to them downloading the new file without any hassles). Seems like yours didn't, which is rather strange...

Could you tell me which OS you're running, what your graphics card and and what video driver you're using for it? Perhaps that will help me figure out what the issue is. Also, can you run other Unity games without issues?

If you'd like a refund because the game's not working for you, please PM me your email address and I'll sort that out for you ASAP. I'm sorry for the hassle :(
dislekcia

Postby rambert iv on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 pm

i'm running windows 7 (64 bit) on an Acer aspire 7741 (~1 year old).
the graphics card is: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (wich appears to be not so good after searching the web for some reviews. also: in the windows performance calculator, the graphics card is really pulling the score down.)
i installed the lastest driver for it.

but i tried some other unity-games and they did work...

i'll try on another computer tomorrow.

anyway, i don't need a refund :) it's only 10 dollars and i still enjoy the alpha game :)

and my computer clearly needs an upgrade too so it seems :?
rambert iv

Postby rambert iv on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm

an update on this one: since today, it works!

i guess the problems where on my side. I cleaned up my computer a bit and found some clutter and some settings that were very wrong for some reason.

anyway, it's an amazing game!
rambert iv

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

Awesome! Glad it works for you now :)
dislekcia

Previous

Return to Support