[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 pm

I think Rock Garden is fine as is. It's a gentle introduction to the concept of maze dungeons.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Nandrew

Postby subanark on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 pm

As far as "Your an Idiot" goes, TT is one of the worst offenders. Worshiping him without knowing what he likes and doesn't like is a sure way to have a failed game. Trying to worship him early on is also very difficult to do properly unless you really outgear the enemies and you aren't using that to go after much more power enemies.

I think he could use a "+1" piety per level below level 10 on initial worship (crafty youngster bonus) to give that extra flex room for early worship. Personally, I pick up TT at level 5 or 6 once I feel the need to kill lower level stuff to help round out my leveling.

Most the other gods you aren't very likely to piss off right off the bat as easily. Taurag gives piety for previous kills, Mysteria rewards previous magic use (she should really summon a random glyph in the dungeon if you don't have one up yet), GG could get you for using "evil" magic or potion use, but that isn't as likely. Drac also rewards previous kills.
subanark

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:00 am

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:00 am

Darvin

Postby Zalminen on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:11 am

Zalminen

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 am

Hmmm... now that he no longer gives ENDISWAL he probably should give starting piety. "Binlor offers a generous signing bonus" maybe +1 piety for every 10 tiles that are revealed, just like alpha Pactmaker. That would make late worship a little more sensible for this guy.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:09 am

gjaustin

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 am

So I went to Rock Garden with a Human Rogue to try out the spoons. I got lucky with a WONAFYT glyph, and prepped a glyph magnet to get PISORF.

Basically what Darvin said. The layout could be very unforgiving, especially when it comes to bosses.

Though I fear I have lost the newbie perspective... I'll do a few Purist runs to see if more physical-inclined classes would have problems with the tight corridors when I have time.
fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons